Mission, Vision, & Values
As the Department of Health Professions, we engage students, faculty and the community through education, service, and scholarship to produce highly qualified healthcare professionals and leaders.
To be nationally recognized for innovative practices in education, leadership, scholarship, and service to produce leaders in the dynamic healthcare industry.
The Department of Health Professions values and are committed to:
- Engaged Learning: We promote student innovation, critical thinking, open inquiry and lifelong learning through diverse educational strategies and unique learning opportunities.
- Equity: We embrace an environment that is welcoming and respectful for all and where individuals are valued.
- Excellence: We are committed to setting high standards of academic rigor in learning experiences and creating high expectations for achievement by everyone.
- Innovation: We strive to and create and inspirational environment that encourages an open exchange of ideas.
- Integrity: We are committed to creating a community that acts with honesty and forthrightness, holding ourselves to high academic and ethical standards and dealing with everyone with respect.
- Interprofessional Collaboration: We promote respectful collaboration, communication, and interaction among interdisciplinary students, faculty, and communities to enrich creativity, innovation, learning, and personal growth.
- Social Responsibility: We have an ethical accountability to the welfare and interests of the students and communities we serve.